BDS Suspension adds to its lineup of suspension lifts and accessories for the late model 2019-2020 RAM 1500 and Rebel with new 4" lift systems for the air ride equipped models. Built around the tried and true high clearance technology used on all BDS RAM 1500 kits, these new systems have been engineered and tested to retain full functionality of the adjustable ride height air suspension, while correcting suspension, steering and driveline geometry. The result, a rugged, capable lift system that is comfortable on the road with clearance for 35" tires. As with all BDS lift kits these 4" IFS systems are backed by Factory Protection Plus bringing peace of mind with BDS's No Fine Print Warranty, FMVSS No.126 ESC system compliance, and a 5-year 100,000-mile drivetrain warranty at no additional cost. Improve the stance and capability of your RAM Rebel with BDS Suspension.
4" Air Ride Lift Systems
for 2019-2020 RAM 1500 4WD
2019-2020 RAM 1500 Air Ride 4WD
*2021 models have not been approved
***Check the BDS website to verify details prior to ordering to ensure information is up-to-date with current manufacturer listings***
1697H/FS - 4" Air Ride Lift System (std bore knuckles)
1698H/FS - 4" Air Ride Lift Systems (large bore knuckles)
- Kit retains full functionality of the air ride system and ride height modes
- Retains ride quality and handling characteristics
- Utilizes high clearance crossmembers and differential skid for strength and protection
- 3piece differential relocation secures front differential while improving CV axle angle
- CNC machined ductile iron steering knuckles for FMVSS No.126 (ESC System) compliance
- Allows clearance for 35" tires
BDS122402 – 19-21 RAM 1500 Carrier Bearing Drop
- Extreme care/caution must be taken to follow the steps of these instructions to prevent any air leaks or damage to the bags during installation.
- The factory air ride is a closed loop system. Opening the system more times than recommended in the lift instructions will require the system to be recharged (this can be done at any RAM dealer service department). A scan tool is needed to access the air control module to perform the service.
- Frame bracket modification is required.
- Fits 4WD models equipped with factory air ride only.
- Stock 17-18" wheels cannot be reinstalled, stock 20"+ wheels can be reinstalled with factory size tires.
- Trucks equipped with factory 22" wheels must use the large bore steering knuckles.
Rec'd Wheel/Tire Specs
35x12.50 Tires with 17x9 Wheels and 4.5" BS
35x12.50 Tires with 18x9 Wheels and 5" BS
35x12.50 Tires with 20x9 Wheels and 5" BS
35x12.50 Tires with 22x9 Wheels and 5" BS
Coldwater, MI : BDS Suspension is now offering updated 4" lift systems for the late model 2019-2020 RAM 1500 and Rebel trucks equipped with Air Ride. These new air ride compatible kits are built to the highest standard to maximize the truck’s potential with room for 35" tires. Built on BDS’s tried and true high clearance design these kits correct steering, suspension and driveline geometry for on road comfort, handling and safety. These systems have been engineered and tested to retain full functionality of the factory air ride system allowing you to adjust ride height through the various modes. Up front this 4" system includes a pair of high clearance laser cut crossmembers along with a 3-point differential relocation system and differential skid plate to create a stout subframe for the suspension components to be installed. New ductile iron CNC machined steering knuckles are supplied along with heavy duty tie rod ends to keep allow for ESC system compatibility. Top mounted strut spacers are supplied to allow the use of the air ride front air bag struts along with all the necessary air-line fittings. A billet aluminum driveshaft spacers is supplied to lengthen the factory front driveline along with brake line brackets, sway bar link extensions and all the necessary hardware to complete the install.
The rear of the air-ride equipped RAM 1500 mimics the standard RAM 1500 with the exception of adjustable height rear air bags. The additional ride height comes from a pair of 3" top mounted air bag spacers to lift and level the stance. New air lines and fittings are supplied to along with ride height sensor brackets to maintain proper positioning and functionality of the factory air ride system at the new height. BDS supplies rear upper control arm relocation brackets to correct the geometry at the taller ride height. A track bar correction bracket is supplied to recenter the rear axle along with new extended length sway bar links to improve stability on and off-road. Rounding out the rear of these air ride kits are brake line relocation brackets, bump stop extensions and your choice of either BDS NX2 gas or upgrade FOX 2.0 performance series gas shocks. This new 4" lift kit corrects the suspension geometry and allow for full use of the ride height adjustability in the various modes to with the base lift set at 4" over. Get more out of your air ride equipped RAM 1500 or Rebel with BDS!