We're back and in the homestretch to set this new 2021 Ford F150 up to be a super cool, super functional, dual purpose Work & Play truck. At this point the build team has outfitted the bed with tons of accessories for the work aspect. With measurements taken and prototypes designed, its time to give this truck some extra altitude (and attitude).
Being a suspension manufacturer, and with our close association to FOX, it shouldn't be surprising this truck is well equipped and ready to perform. Using this truck as a test bed, the team prototyped several lift sizes and accessories and decided on a 4" lift height to allow fitment of 35s on this build. While there are some similarities to previous generation F150s, ultimately this kit is a redesign around the updated suspension configuration. This kit features the drop crossmembers, steering knuckles, multipoint differential relocation, sway bar correction, skid plate(s), driveline adjustment, and everything else necessary to set this truck up right. In addition, FOX brought next level capability with their 2.5 factory race series coilovers with remote DSC reservoirs up front and 2.5 factory race series DSC piggyback shocks in the rear.
From there the team fitted color-matched fender flares, wheels and tires, wired up accessories, installed exhaust, and prepped the bed for the dual purpose "recreational" features to include camping, grilling, and a cooler, along with recreational gear to include a stand up paddle board (SUP), and bike using Yakima mounts. Stay tuned for the reveal of this truck...
BUILD LIST (PART 2):
- BDS Suspension 4” Lift System (link)
- New for 2021, this system is designed to maintain suspension-steering-driveline geometry for on-road comfort and predictable handling. BDS UCA Kit offers additional strength and suspension travel. Custom skid plate also designed for this build
- FOX 2.5 Factory Race DSC Coilovers and Shocks (link)
- Next level performance with FOX 2.5 factory race series shocks with front R/R DSC coilovers and rear P/B DSC shocks designed to soak up the roughest terrain
- Ridetech LevelTow air bag system (link)
- Ready to haul at a moments notice, this airbag system ties into a compressor and uses a ride height sensor to automatically adjust air bag inflation based on how you have the truck loaded
- Air Designs Fender Flare Kit (link)
- Great styling and extra coverage for the tires, colormatched to the factory antimatter blue.
- 20x10 Method Race Wheels Series 304 Wheels (link)
- Machined finish for a great look and super strong design
- 35" Mickey Thompson Baja Boss Tires (link)
- This tire is built to perform on-road and offroad, from driving and towing to rocks, sand, mud and snow.
- Ford Performance Rear Differential Cover (link)
- This cover offers extra fluid capacity, additional strength and easy fill/drain access
- Ford Performance (Borla) Exhaust System
- Cat-back, side exit, black chrome tips
- Custom Vinyl graphics package
- Subtle to accent the antimatter blue paint and tie in billet grille styling and with the work/play theme
- ARB Elements Fridge/Freezer (link)
- 63 quarts of awesome to keep your food and drinks ice cold out on the jobsite or out on an adventure. The stainless steel exterior offers a great look and it features easy touchpad control and security with a magnetic lock build in.
- Grillpro 1500W electric grill (link)
- 110V plug in grill is perfect for this truck to serve of hot food with family, friends or co-workers.
- Milwaukee 18V Bluetooth Speaker/Charger (link)
- This M18 Packout radio is part of the Packout line of products and integrates 10 rugged speakers for great sound as well as the ability to charge multiple M18 batteries and mobile devices at the same time.
- Isle (SUP) Stand Up Paddleboard (link)
- When the work week is done and it’s time to relax with family this truck can be set up with a paddle boards and mountain bikes and other gear for an outdoor adventure.
- Yeti ARC C Bike with FOX shocks (link)
- Yakima bike rack and SUP mounts (link)
- Quickly and easily mount down our gear for a weekend adventure
- Camping Gear
- Chairs, tent, cot and other gear to be ready for any weekend adventure